Thursday, May 27, 2010

World Cup

The World Cup is coming up in 2 weeks, and it's gonna be suh-weet! Truth be told, I never really care about football much until something like the European Championships or World Cup comes up, but for the few weeks that they are on, it's pretty freakin' awesome.
And ESPN just did something really cool.
They put out a series of murals depicting each of the 32 teams involved this year, and some of them are awesome.


I picked out a few of my faves :






















































But the best one? That's easy...

It's gonna be a fun few weeks of football!
The rest of the murals can be seen right over here!

Oh, and my pick to win? England!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a bit disappointed that the French poster didn't have Thierry Henry throwing a ball into a net, but then I'm a bitter Irish descendent. England is always given very good odds but always comes up short (in my life time). If they want to go far, they have to get over the problem that's been plaguing them for years: lots of stars, no team cohesivesness.

    Ultimately, I just really want to see the African teams do well (Mohammad has made me promise to support Ivory Coast but I will secretly cheer for Ghana) and, in an ideal world, Switzerland to win it all (awesome poster for them, by the way). Realistically, out of the teams I like, I think Germany could do it, but I expect the final to be Brazil and Holland. Although, I will be more than happy to be wrong because nothing makes me happier than an underdog upsetting everyone. (I'm looking at you, Honduras and North Korea.)

    Also, the sooner France is gone, the sooner I'll start to enjoy the World Cup :)

    ReplyDelete