Monday, February 8, 2010

The Super Bowl

More like Superb Bowl!

I have to say, that was one of the better Superbowls I ever remember watching. Normally the game drags, the score is somewhat lopsided, and I'm stuck with the same ol' boring Canadian commercials. Not yesterday though!

One of the better games from start to finish - I figured New Orleans was done for after the Colts went up 10-0. I could go on about how The Saints took inspiration from their city and it's previous events, but I wont. They played the better game and won.


I'm sure this image is copyrighted somehow, but I figured if I could find it on google, then it was fair game.

It was nice to finally watch a Superbowl on an American feed so that I could enjoy all the commercially deliciousness. It wasnt all I had hoped it would be, but it was definately more entertaining (when it wasnt boring car commercials).


Doritos clearly won the best commerical award

The only major letdown of the festivities that was known as Superbowl Sunday was the CSI-medley performed by The Who at halftime. Yes, I know, those were hit songs long before they were the theme-songs for the television franchise that wins the Emmy for 'Series that abuses lens-tinting to the Nth degree'. (may or may not be real category) I still have respect for The Who, but I found the whole thing very lackluster.

The best part of the Superbowl? The fact it was on CBS, and got me totally jazzed to watch How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory tonight. It's gonna be legen - wait for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment